A man in his 40s in Kwesimintsim in the Western Region has been found dead with his hands tied behind his back. According to an eye witness identified as Eric Opoku Nuamah, the deceased was found dead on the Kwesimintsim-Apremdo Road.
Speaking to Connect FM, the eyewitness said the body of the deceased was found lifeless directly close to the Latest Foam Showroom at Kwesimintsim.
He revealed that although it was at first suspected that it could be suicide because his neck was tied to a robe, subsequent inspections showed that his hand had been tied behind his back.
“The residents feared that there was foul play on the death of the scrap dealer, because the situation does not warrant someone to relate the unfortunate incident to suicide,” Eric Opoku Nuamah shared.
The incident which has now been reported to the police by the family of the deceased is being looked at as a murder case with investigations already underway to uncover what happened.
Colonel Mamady Doumbouya and his CNRD have made fresh declarations few hours after a delegation of ECOWAS heads of states left Guinea, following discussions with the junta. According to the press release, the overthrown President, Alpha Conde, will not be allowed to leave Guinea as circulated in the media.
“Contrary to the alleged rumors which are the subject of negotiations between ECOWAS and the CNRD, relating to the exit from the territory of the former President of the Republic, President Alpha Condé, the CNRD and its President, Colonel Mamady Doumbouya, wish to inform national and international opinion that the former President of the Republic, President Alpha Condé, is and will remain in Guinea.’” the statement says.
This comes after Ivorian President Alassane Ouattara and Ghana’s President Nana Akufo-Addo, who is ECOWAS chairman, visited Conakry on Friday, September 17, 2021, to ask coup leader Mamady Doumbouya, for Conde’s release.
The CNRD further stressed that they will not under any circumstances give in to any pressure from ECOWAS or any international group.
The military junta indicated on Friday that it would not bow to regional pressure and allow President Alpha Conde, who was detained since his overthrow on Sept. 5, to leave the country.
The press release, which was read on behalf of the junta by Lt Colonel Aminata Diallo assures Guineans and everyone across the globe that President Alpha Condé “will receive humane treatment worthy of his rank in his country”.