Modernghana News has learned that a Court in Accra has granted a bench warrant to the Police for the arrest of Nhyiaeso Member of Parliament (MP), Dr. Stephen Amoah.
The MP is one of seven persons cited by the Ghana Police Service in a statement for breaking road traffic regulations on Tuesday, December 7, 2021.
Processed and expected to appear in court today, the Nhyiaeso MP failed to show up.
As a result, the Police prosecutors handling the case prayed the court to issue a warrant for his arrest.
After succeeding, the Police have secured the warrant and can now cause the arrest of the Member of Parliament.
He is likely to be charged with careless driving, dangerous driving, and causing road obstruction among others.
Below is the full list of persons cited by the Police for breaking road traffic regulations on Tuesday.
- Driver in charge of Toyota Landcruiser V8 with registration number GN 5532 – 17, Mr. Joseph Brown
- Driver in charge Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GT 7059 – 20, Hon. Dr. Stephen Amoah
- Driver in charge of Toyota 4 Runner with registration number GE 303 – 20, Mr. Samuel A. Anim
- Driver in charge Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GE 1611 – 17, Emmanuel Kofi Ofori
- Driver in charge of Toyota Highlander 4×4 SUV with registration number GE 14 – 21, Mr. Dimini Atuahene
- Driver in charge Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GN 3516 – 18, Mr. Daniel Boateng
- Driver in charge of Toyota Land Cruiser with registration number GT 856 – 20, Thomas Atinga.